Business Online Assessment
Reach and engage small businesses with a tailored experience that drives action.
Reaching Small to Midsize Businesses
The so-called “forgotten middle,” small-to-midsize businesses account for 90% of American companies, consume about 20% of the nation’s energy, but attract less than 4% of utility energy efficiency spending. And while 9 out of 10 businesses want more tailored products and services from their utility, just 35% say they’re getting it.
Business Online Assessment combines technology and customer engagement to fill the gap for small and midsized businesses. Highly intuitive and scalable, Business Online Assessment enables utilities to cost-effectively collect valuable customer data to target commercial accounts and provide a customer-friendly entry into utility offerings and DSM programs.
- Content specific to business type: Only relevant questions are asked, resulting in efficient assessment and a 67% completion rate for business customers.
- Integrated with Google Places API: Largest and most up to date database of businesses that automatically provides essential business information and customizes the experience.
- Increased program participation: 48% of customers convert to utility program leads.
- Centralized lead capture: Capture leads with a single, modern solution across customer service representatives, implementers and trade allies.
- Marketing support: Enhance your marketing efforts, website traffic and customer communications with our business marketing experts.
National Grid has made significant commitments to help our customers save money and energy. Working with EnergySavvy enables us to further enhance our outreach and engagement with New England’s small and medium-sized businesses. The solution is easy, intuitive, and directs our business customers to a personalized set of money-saving opportunities based on their unique business type and premise.Ezra McCarthy,
Treats Each Business Uniquely
Small businesses often get a one-size-fits-all approach when targeted. But every business is different and Business Online Assessment respects those differences. Supporting over 2,300 business types, the Online Assessment speaks your customer’s language whether they’re an ice cream shop owner or a bed and breakfast with different equipment and usage patterns.
Fills the Utility Information Gap
Utilities often don’t have enough data about their small commercial customers to know which DSM programs to market to them. Traditional door-knocking or mass mail marketing campaigns are costly and limit the savings potential. Business Online Assessment captures and generates this data for easy 24/7 access for the utilities.
Simplified Program Selection
Providing a multitude of offerings might seem generous, but customers can become confused with too many choices. Business Online Assessment simplifies selection by only highlighting programs, resources, and rebates that are applicable to the customer’s business based on the utility’s program qualifications.
Delivers an Intuitive Experience
Traditional online audits are challenging and time-consuming to complete. For example, they often require customers to answer all questions even if they are not applicable. Business Online Assessment is visual and easy to use, and the majority of users complete it to get to their actionable recommended results.